Those public service announcement commercials joking about how you cannot parent in two minutes are a hoot! Wouldn’t it be awesome, though, if we really could parent in less than two minutes?
Here is a list of 29 lessons I’ve learned in the 29 years of my life (yes, I’m almost thir- I can’t say it). These are the lessons that I wish that I could teach my children just by having them read them. However, as parents, we must remember that the hardest lessons our children have to learn are best learned for themselves.
They may not understand this list now, but hopefully one day they will.
- Put God first, always.
- If you get married, water it daily. It won’t grow without it. Forget to and it’ll die.
- Take care of your body by eating right and staying active.
- Always ask questions.
- Trust your instincts.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- More money doesn’t equal a happier life.
- Always seek knowledge.
- Never share bad news (unless it’s to help a friend or family member out of a bad situation).
- Your body is stronger than you realize.
- Not everyone agrees with you.
- The opinions of others matter (sometimes).
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Respect everyone.
- When life gets messy, clean it up.
- Over-scheduling your days will lead to burn out. Schedule time for yourself and loved ones.
- God will see you through everything.
- You’re clothes, hair and make-up don’t make you beautiful. You are beautiful.
- Stay away from people who aren’t happy for your successes.
- Love everyone. Hurt no one.
- You get what you give. Give more and you’ll get more.
- Talk to people as often as possible. We all crave someone who’ll listen.
- Place more value on your relationships with others, not on things.
- Smile. It’s contagious.
- Laugh more. It keeps you young.
- Voice your feelings. Don’t bottle them inside or it will eat you up.
- You can forgive without forgetting.
- You don’t need anything to have a good time except your free will.
- Just because you’ve heard the lecture, doesn’t mean you’ve learned the lesson.
I dare you not to share this list with all your friends. I’m sure someone needs to be reminded of one of these.